Jan 31, 2006

"Amerca"

I will tune in tonight in the hopes that my president has suddenly realized that he totally agrees with me. Alas I will hear him say:

“Make no mistake, we have hunted down those that would try to harm us 9-11 and we will bring 9-11 evildoers to justice 9-11. Amerca is a safer 9-11 place, terrorism, freedom, vital mission, secure, secure, terror, freedom, freedom, vital homeland security Amerca! Further more, tax relief, working families, no child left behind, safer, freedom, freedom, 9-11, terror, terror, freedom, God Bless Amerca.”

Then I will turn to Dan and we will try not to puke on each other and wish we’d watched a movie instead.

8 comments:

BoomBoom said...

I think we should make a game out of it. Everytime he uses the words "resolve" or "steadfast" we have to drink a shot.

Jenny said...

Sure, we could go for my 4th and final hangover of January.

BoomBoom said...

Just wait until February. There are at least three occasions I know of that we are getting together. :)

Jenny said...

Schnykies! That's alot of drinking right there.

Anna said...

Loved the last line. Laughed out loud at that image, especially because I know Dan.

Table4Five said...

I'll watch the State of the Union only so that I'll understand what Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert are saying later tonight. If there was ever a night to watch The Daily Show and the Colbert Report, it's tonight.

Lynne@Oberon said...

Sad but true. When I heard on the news in Australia what that moron ...umm, I mean, ... man said I sighed in an 'I knew' it sort of way. He has a million ways to justify Iraq and each one of them is flimsier than the last. And the utter hypocrisy of him talking about the Iraq situation and then declaring that the West is 'hooked on oil' made me laugh out loud. Not that we aren't hooked on oil ... but it's not like George Bush just broke that news to us. All this while he refuses to sign the Kyoto Protocol (along with our PM .. very ashamed) and he goes so far as to invade countries just to secure access to oil. Grrr! Anyway, that's just what I think - hope no-one is hugely offended. Feel free to carry on holding your own opinions :)

Anonymous said...

lol