Jan 31, 2006

Expectations

On Fridays I change the radio in our kitchen from NPR to our local top 40. This is an old office habit I decidedly hung on to. It makes it feel like the weekends starts early. This morning I turned the radio back on for the first time this week, quickly tuned in NPR and started coffee. As I sat down with my coffee and my ears took focus I heard the familiar talk of Darwin vs. creationism. Now I think both theories peacefully coexist in my world but I enjoy a good debat so I listened; Darwin this, God that, blah, blah, blah, WHAT?!!!? Are we agreeing that evolution is a religion? Who is that talking?! Did our lord and savior come down to earth in the middle of the night and proclaim creationism the one truth???? OH, I accidentally dialed in the Christian station next to NPR. Phew!

2 comments:

BoomBoom said...

The Tater needs some education here. Not on Evolution or the fact that the Bible is similar to A Million Litte Pieces (inspired by true events but mostly made up). What is NPR?

Jenny said...

National Public Radio

http://www.npr.org/

(like PBS only on the radio)