Jan 9, 2006

The Flourish of a Toreador

While wrapping Ella's bajillionth present on Saturday night, I looked at Dan and said 'Maybe we aren't doing the right thing". Just because we can give our child everything - should we? Later in the weekend we caught a piece of the show "Daddy's Spoiled Little Girl" and I shuddered looking into the future were Ella throws a $10,000 going away party because she's going to Hollywood to be an AMW (actress/model/whatever) and then at the end of the party Daddy paid for, announces she could never leave her beloved cash cow, oops I mean Daddy.

I’m stressed about this, ergo - the list;
1. It's not her fault her birthday is next to Christmas.
2. She is well rounded, I say “no” sometimes.
3. She shares (if she’s well rested).
4. Birthday parties are decadent – they are supposed to be.
5. My new year’s resolution is to revel in the good life and stop teaching my daughter how to be a martyr.

I should erase all of the above and just say this.


Happy Birthday Dear Ella, We are so proud of you. You unwrapped each of your presents with the flourish of a toreador and shared all of them as best you could. You liked your toys but you loved your company. You told everyone "Thank You". You passed out kisses and hugs like water and you smiled and enjoyed your day. Love, Mom & Dad

Without further ado - photos!







































































































2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great party! What a princess!

Jenny said...

It was crazy good