Jan 26, 2006

I’m Hungry

Ok just one cute and fluffy:

Ella would like to give a shout out to Gamma and Gapa (aka Mamma & Papa) who recently got “G”s added to their names. Congratulations folks!



In other news:

I finished “Christ The Lord, Out of Egypt” by Anne Rice. Dan read it first so there were some conversations that went like this:

Act I
Me: I’m on chapter 4, does this thing pick up at all?
Dan: Well, not really. He’s only 7 he doesn’t start smiting people on a regular basis till later in the bible
Me: Crap, I’m going to read faster

Act II
Me: This book makes me hungry
Dan: Hungry for knowledge?
Me: No, just hungry, there is just a lot of feasting. There are olives and baking bread and figs soaked in honey and fresh lamb in spices and wine sauce and un-leavened bread, yeah I’m hungry.

Act III
Me: So the whole book is really just like any other 8 year old asking his parents where he came from and how babies are made and the parents not wanting to answer all those tough questions and trying to consider if the child is old enough to know these things.
Dan: That’s a modern thought. My dad grew up on a farm and farm kids totally knew how the baby cows were made they didn’t need to ask how it worked. Besides Jesus wasn’t asking where he came from, really he was asking who his father was.
Me: Wow, I suppose that is a modern dilemma, or a city kid dilemma.
Dan: And I think Anne Rice meant for you to think of Jesus’ situation as a little more serious than “That’s a good question son, you better go ask your mother.” Or “Here read this book called ‘Our Bodies Ourselves’ and if you have any questions let me know.
Me: Well I’m glad it got better – even though the pace never really picked up. Maybe she should’ve tossed in more miracles or something.
Dan: I’m not sure that would’ve been accurate.
Me: Accurate Schmaccurate, more miracles and less food, that’s what I say.

(Ok Act III didn’t really sound like that, but you get the gist– and beside I never let things like accuracy get in the way of a good story).

3 comments:

BoomBoom said...

Name Translation for SugarLips:

Mommy = Mommy
Daddy = Daddy
Abigial = Dough-Dough
Emily = Mimi
Grandma = Am-Ma
Grandpa = PaPa
Stephanie = Tepee
Sally (daycare) = Lally
Ella = LaLa

BoomBoom said...

Sorry - Out of the whole post, I focused soley on the first sentence with my comment above.

I think you made up the part where Dan said you had a modern thought just to make yourself sound smart. :)

Jenny said...

He meant it as an argument to my obtuse view. He thinks in terms of history and I think in the now.

It just occured to me she could've put in more miracles WITH food! That would've worked for me too.